Friday, 21 December 2012

How hard is it to make a nice dress these days?


///

Well, trawling through various high street shops' websites for the past few hours, I can come to only one conclusion: very few people seem able to make dresses which I actually like. From New Look, for example, I've only managed to find two dresses so far which I would really willingly wear:




Here, £28. When I (somewhat foolishly) asked my brother Rob for his opinion on this dress, he said that it looked like a little girl's party dress - not a view which will exactly encourage me to buy it, is it? Still, if you look on the link, you'll see it has a lowish scooped-out wide V of a back (I'm great at this descriptive lark, eh?), which I think takes away some of the little-girly-cake-and-balloon factor.




Here, £26. I don't know if it's just the time of year which is attracting me to this dress, because, quite truthfully, the satin bow and sheeny chiffon just make me think this dress looks like a present - and a beautifully-wrapped one at that. Tis rather pretty, but I'm trying to work out how flattering that colour would be in real life .. Whatchu reckon?


///


Yaay, shameless consumerism FTW! Oh, and before I forget, there have been some .. comments, shall we say, about the lack of mentions my friends get on this blog, so without further ado, a shout-out to Hannah in particular ;D Also to Jennie, Caz, Grace, Isla and all of my secondary-school friends who I've missed talking to and being with this term. I love you all so much.

*vomits slightly from soppiness*

Ahem. Another happy point of today - IT'S THE SHORTEST DAY OF THE YEAR! For us in the northern hemisphere, at least, the days can only get longer from hereon in ^.^ A very merry shortest day to you all!




9 comments:

  1. I really like the second one, I reckon the colour would be really nice! And yaaaay to longer days :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, longer days, come in! Can't wait for them :'D ♥

      Sarah ^.^

      Delete
  2. I like the first one and I know what you mean, almost all dresses right now are horrible!! :S x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, such a small selection around! Ah well, there'll be some nice ones in soon, I'm sure ;D ♥

      Sarah ^.^

      Delete
  3. The wine/burgundy colour is really lovely in real life so don't let that put you off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thing is, I had a friend say how nice it would be in teal/turquoise, so now I can't stop thinking about this mythical gorgeous dress in teal! :') ♥

      Sarah ^.^

      Delete
  4. Loving these dresses! I really love that first one, so chic!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, me too! I've just looked on your blog and, I must say, I adore your style! ♥

      Sarah ^.^

      Delete

Hello there ^.^